Trainee Claims Handler
£15,500 + performance bonus & 3 year training programme + 22 days holiday, rising to 25 days, pension, plus 8% bonus annually
As a member of the Claims team you will be trained to investigate, negotiate and settle claims over a 3 year milestone training period. After 6 months probation you will receive £1000 increase in salary, plus a quarterly increase of 3-4% every quarter for next 2 years based upon performance and 2 salary increases in your final year.
After the initial training has been completed (approx 3-6 month) you will take responsibility for your own case load including fire & theft, windscreen claims and eventually some non-serious personal injury, dealing with solicitors, insurance brokers, loss adjusters and direct contact with customers and third parties.
• Ensure that allocated claims are fully investigated
• Act as the key contact for specific customers/brokers
• Communicate with policyholders, solicitors and other by telephone and in writing
• Identify opportunities to make recoveries and follow the recovery through
• Maintain accurate estimates on outstanding claims so the appropriate reserve can be made for each claim
• Work within the team to ensure that all claims are settled within appropriate timescales.
• Work flexibly within the team, assisting colleagues to enhance overall team performance
• 5 GCSE passes or equivalent (grades A-C) including English and Mathematics
• Experience of working in an office
• Excellent communication skills
• Computer skills